Josh Sanburn shows the correct way to drink scotch
So you think you know what Scotch is? There are some things that you may have never realized about Scotch; you may have never remembered your first Scotch whisky but you will certainly agree that there is so much to this drink that you may have never thought of. Here are some of them:
- Not all whisky is Scotch although all Scotch is whisky – whisky made from Scotland is legally called Scotch whisky. This term is used to protect fine whisky made only from Scotland. According to Scottish law, Scotch whisky has to be distilled and stored in oak barrels for three years. There are other varieties of whisky; there are Japanese and Irish whiskies that are brewed with single malts.
- Old whisky does not mean it’s better – in the case of whisky, the maturation of the drink is what matters; it does not mean that the older the brew the better it tastes. And when it comes to maturing Scotch only the best casks will do; the better the wood that the casks are made of, the smoother and delectable the flavor would be.
- Is there a suitable glass to drink Scotch whisky from? – according to experts, Scotch that is drank from a tulip-shaped or a glass that allows vapors of the Scotch to move up is the best way to drink it. Appreciate the flavor first so you can fill your senses with delicious aroma before you take a sip.
- How to drink Scotch? – together with friends of course! But if you want to savor the flavor, take a small sip, chew the liquid or keep it in your mouth for a few seconds before swallowing. Taking a deep breath before you sip will also improve the flavor.
- To add water or ice? – both will actually create a chemical reaction that will push the heavier alcohol and allow the light ones to surface. Water and ice will also dilute the Scotch. But of course drinking Scotch whisky will all depend on your personal preference in the end.
If you are a Scotch whiskey drinker then you are aware of the different types of Scotch. Before anything else, this alcoholic beverage should be distilled and matured in Scotland for it to be classified as Scotch. There are even laws in the maturation and the distillation of Scotch which is collectively known as the Scotch Whisky Act of 1988. One of the most important aspects of this law is that in the maturation of Scotch, the beverage must be placed in oak barrels with a capacity not exceeding 700 liters.
There are three major types of Scotch; single malt, pure malt and blended malt versions. There are also types of Scotch according to the brewing and preparation of the alcoholic beverage. But regardless of the type of Scotch, there are no enhancers or additives used in the production of this beverage.
- Single malt Scotch whiskey – it is the best known type of Scotch and is usually sub classified according to the area of origin. Thus you may find single malt Scotch whiskies from Speyside, Highland, Lowland, Isaly and Campbeltown. The term single malt means that it contains malt whiskies coming from one distillery.
- Bended malts – may also be called pure malt whisky or vatted malt. This is a blend of malt whiskies that come from different distilleries. The blending of whiskies is within the discretion of the masterblender so he can produce a variety of quantities of distinctive whiskies with different characteristics and traits.
- Single cask malt – this is bottling Scotch whiskey from a single cask. This type of Scotch has a different taste from other whiskies since they are exclusively brewed or matured in one kind of cask.
There may be many more types of Scotch; these are usually classified according to the brewing and other important preparations of the liquor but what is very important is how you drink Scotch. Tasting, smelling and allowing the liquid to stay on your cheeks for a few seconds before you swallow may be the best way to taste and enjoy Scotch whiskey like you have never done before.
Beer koozies may also be called beer sleeves or beer huggers and the main purpose of koozies is to keep beer cans and botttles cold. They should come in handy for the new beer batch How do they keep your drinks cold then?
The secret to a koozie is the material as I found out from Express Imprint, visit website for more info. It’s is made of a thick material which helps keep the temperature of the drink. Initially koozies were made of thick foam which was the only popular insulating material. Nowadays there are more types of materials that can keep drinks cold or even warm. Neoprene is one type of material that will keep the temperature of drinks. Neoprene is noticeably thin but it can insulate anything. It can keep cold drinks ice cold and warm drinks hot.
Koozie is a trademark of Norwood Promotional Products; this was however originally owned by Texas Company, Radio Cap Corporation or RCC which was registered in 1980. This registration lapsed in 2001 and when Norwood brought RCC in 1989 the product was re-registered in February 2004.
Beer koozies have been a novelty item for beer drinkers all over the world. When it was first invented in the 80s the designer concentrated on developing a product for beer cans which was of course the market for koozies those days. But as time passed by, the lowly beer sleeve has become not just a sleeve for the most popular beverage in the world but also as a marketing icon.
You can spot all sorts of can coolers for all kinds of products. There are koozies made for standard beer cans while there are also for tall and large beer bottles. You may also find koozies for hot beverages like coffee, tea and milk. You can also find can huggers that will fit a large bottle of wine or a bottle of beer. And if you are looking for one-of-a-kind collectible ones, there are also sleeves that are tailor made for any occasion. There are wedding koozies, for businesses and for sporting events. Name the event or occasion and there is a koozie that will surely meet your needs.
Available online or you may order from offline distributors. There are so many online businesses that are dedicated to making souvenirs out of koozies and if you are looking for the best corporate, wedding or party souvenir that will please your guests, fit your budget and stay in style, then a can koozie is the best choice for you.