With fewer than 500 bottles available worldwide Deanson 40 Highland Single Malt has been aged for 40 years with the last 10 years in Orsolo.
Just thought I would share the great deal. The Guys at Express-Imprint had a sale last week where you can get yourself koozies that are personalized with anything for only .95 cents and free shipping! These Koozies normally are 1.99 a peice! It’s just a cool beer accessory to have around when you drink beer on a hot day! I was introduced to using koozies from Jeff who had personalized Koozies for his BBQ last summer!
So you think you know what Scotch is? There are some things that you may have never realized about Scotch; you may have never remembered your first Scotch whisky but you will certainly agree that there is so much to this drink that you may have never thought of. Here are some of them:
- Not all whisky is Scotch although all Scotch is whisky – whisky made from Scotland is legally called Scotch whisky. This term is used to protect fine whisky made only from Scotland. According to Scottish law, Scotch whisky has to be distilled and stored in oak barrels for three years. There are other varieties of whisky; there are Japanese and Irish whiskies that are brewed with single malts.
- Old whisky does not mean it’s better – in the case of whisky, the maturation of the drink is what matters; it does not mean that the older the brew the better it tastes. And when it comes to maturing Scotch only the best casks will do; the better the wood that the casks are made of, the smoother and delectable the flavor would be.
- Is there a suitable glass to drink Scotch whisky from? – according to experts, Scotch that is drank from a tulip-shaped or a glass that allows vapors of the Scotch to move up is the best way to drink it. Appreciate the flavor first so you can fill your senses with delicious aroma before you take a sip.
- How to drink Scotch? – together with friends of course! But if you want to savor the flavor, take a small sip, chew the liquid or keep it in your mouth for a few seconds before swallowing. Taking a deep breath before you sip will also improve the flavor.
- To add water or ice? – both will actually create a chemical reaction that will push the heavier alcohol and allow the light ones to surface. Water and ice will also dilute the Scotch. But of course drinking Scotch whisky will all depend on your personal preference in the end.